Monday, September 20, 2010

A bit geeky

During our homeschool session, 4 yo GR asked me how high I can count.
"Well, in theory I can count to 999,999,999,999,999,999" (aren't we both glad I didn't put that into words?)
"How long would it take you to count that high Mommy?"
"A very, very long time"
"OK but HOW LONG?"
let's put some math brain cells to work and see...
just supposing I could count 1 number per second, which I can't, and supposing I never needed to pause for anything - ever - it would take MORE than 31,709,791,900 YEARS to count that high. So, sorry GR, you will not be getting a demonstration... Trillions of years!

What is after quadrillion anyway?

2 comments:

ViolinMama said...

LOL!!! I love this. She is sooo cute, and you think fast on your feet! Bravo!

Lindsey said...

HAHA! That is great and just like a kid to just keep going with a question that is just so endless LOL Cute!

Blog
http://www.peacefulislandmother.yolasite.com