Friday, May 21, 2010

What I'm wearing?: Anniversary Edition

I mentioned in my Chronicle that I didn't know what our budget would be for this special occasion (heck, if you've been reading you may remember that I wasn't sure that I even wanted to celebrate it). But after talking to Joe Wednesday night, it was clear he intends to budget as though he had a job, so I guess that's what we're going to do. The problem is, that in order to feel like I'm dressed appropriately for a nice restaurant, I'd need to go shopping. I'll save you the details of why I have a hard time finding clothes that fit, but I only found 2 things yesterday and I don't know which to wear! What do you think?
They both need to be ironed, so ignore that. Joe and I each like a different one. I'm not fond of big sash bows on grown women, but both of these dresses have it. I think I need to try to take that bow off the front of the first one, but it's not just tacked on so I'm not sure the cotton underneath isn't scarred. And the second one, well take a look for yourself...
A free lesson on why correct posture is important

In the first photo, I'm standing correctly, but the shine and pleats don't exactly complement my baby belly (as in what was left AFTER babies). The middle one is also correct posture. The problem is that I don't always - or usually - stand with correct posture and the last photo is unflattering on the whole torso. (I noticed 2 things about the side views, the dress itself doesn't stick out past my butt, that's the sash and even though these 2 show the straps, I think I'll wear it strapless) Also, the cotton dress doesn't "hide" my baby belly, but since it's not pleated or shiny, it doesn't accent it either. So both dresses have their issues, but they're my choices. I need your honest opinion, unless you're going to tell me I look like a hag or resemble a troll, that opinion you can keep to yourself HA!

6 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Hmmmmm.....the black one is great, but I'm with you....no bow. BUT, it's a pretty "safe" dress anyways. It's a very dressy version of the lovely sun dresses you wear I'm jealous of LOL! Gorgeous on you, but I love the glamor of dress #2. To me it shouts extra special - which is great for a 10th anniversary. It isn't what I see you in, so it just does something magic for you...in my eyes at least.

To be honest, I don't see the posture issues...I noticed the straps more in those pics - if you picked #2 - would you wear the straps? I love the strapless look on you better.

I can't wait to see what you pick, and I'm still emotional for what sounds to be a really needed and exciting weekend for you. Either dress will work because you are so beautiful outside and in. Blessings!!

Life with Kaishon said...

I like the second one! GREAT color. Perfect with your hair. I don't see any baby belly at all. You look perfect!

I am visiting tonight via Jill's Scary Mommy blog. Happy Anniversary! So sorry about the job : ( Will pray for you!

ViolinMama said...

I love your smile too!! Smiles are the best accessory hehe!! You are so stunning!

Licia said...

I love dress # 2. It's really special and fit for a 10th anniversary celebration. You can wear it later for a wedding and make it look different by changing accessories, perhaps metallic shoes?
PS: I don't see posture issues, you look great!

Vanilla said...

I absolutely love the red one on you, more evening-like...
Have tons of fun anyway!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I prefer the black one. If you pay attention to the accessories it can turn out reeeeeeally fabulous! It's such a cute dress!

You could go the Charlotte way, and wear a string of pearls, a satin or bejeweled headband, and no other accessories except for your wedding band and maybe a simple watch, and cover your shoulders with a black pashmina. If you don't like the headband idea you could get some bejeweled barrettes and pull your hair back on the sides.

Or you could go a more modern route and add higher heels, possibly peep-toes, a long string of faux pearls worn in 2 rounds, (one tight to the neck and the other longer), use a cropped cardi or a knit bolero as a cover-up and pull your hair up in a messy updo, like a chignon but with tendrils coming down around your face. No earrings, but maybe a couple of simple bangles on your arm.

I hope this helps - have lots of fun! I'm sure you'll look lovely!