Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A first for my husband

I spent the night at my parents' house last night. None of the rest of my family did. Which was the first time any such situation has come up, and means my husband was alone with the kids all night and he got them ready for school by himself for the first time ever. Don't go patting him on the back just yet. I had to promise to layout every article of clothing in piles that are easily descernable for each child, make and pack snacks and lunches, prepare all school items, premake breakfast, write a highly detailed allergy treatment list and get the kids ready for bed. So really, he just woke them up, dressed the littlest and drove them to school, but he was technically alone for the first time while he did it.

As a sidebar, any of you have a business with tax numbers and licenses and permits and all that? Is it really as daunting as it all seems? Any advice or websites you can point me to? Because, you know, I'm not nearly busy enough as it is, I have to go and start my own business.

PS the shirt I picked out for the 6yo was a v-necked, collared shirt with a pocket on the front - except that she wore it backward and my husband didn't notice.

6 comments:

ViolinMama said...

CONGRATS ON THE BAKING BUSINESS!! To all who read here, Cranky here is a FANTASTIC cook!

I wish I could point you in the right direction, but we've never had to be licensed, so I look forward to hearing what others say!

And yeah for Daddy being in charge. It sounds like he did a great job for his first time!!

Much love!

Debbie said...

Congrats on your business! That is fantastic.
And how funny that he didn't get the shirt on the right way! Men:)

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Way cool about your biz.

Too funny about the shirt!

And thanks for the comment, glad your little one enjoyed the pic. We watch Phineas and Ferb, and that's Perry "you can call him Agent P" the Platypus!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

damn, I wrote this whole comment about spring cleaning and emotional baggage and I got an error message :-(

Cranky Mommy said...

That's too bad Elisa, my emotional baggage could use some spring cleaning.

SeriousMom said...

My sister once left her husband with the clothes laid out for him. he put the 2 year old's clothes on the 3 year old, and the 3 year old's clothes on the 2 year old.