Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Following from The Bitchin' Wives Club

1. Families can really suck, especially in-laws

2. Families can be really great, even in-laws

3. I could take hugs and kisses all day, being the jungle gym, not so much

4. I like to make lists

5. I can rarely keep up with a list on a piece of paper

6. My middle child, GR, had the following conversation with her grandmother during a GR only weekend.

GR: I want to stay at your house for 2 more days, maybe 3, or how about 100
Granma: I love having you but your mommy would miss you too much
GR: Well then you'll have to detract her so she won't notice I'm gone
Granma: Why don't you want to go home?
GR: Because AK's mad at me or AT's mad at me or Daddy's mad at me or Mommy's mad at me
Granma: Why are they mad at you, you're so sweet
GR: Because I'm only sweet when I'm at your house

7. I really like my FSIL, but find it hard to believe my baby brother is at that stage of life, even though I got married when I was 4 years younger than he is now

8. FSIL has a life very similar to the one my 18 year old self thought I'd have at her age - even same career

9. I wouldn't trade the life I do have for anything - struggles, tiffs and crappy in-laws included - because losing the bad would change some of the good

10. I don't know if you noticed, but I have in-laws on the brain today. Just thought I'd point that out

11. I peek in at DWS every now and then, but I think they've succeeded in their goal to up viewership, I think even Hubs will watch this crazy cast

12. Thank you! I just don't think I say it enough

5 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I love this "meme". I also love how you are getting into blogging more! I love hearing your thoughts this way. And, I'm finding new great reads because of you :)

Love you!

No Princesses Here said...

Re: The in-laws- Um, yes. I hear ya. I've been known to refer to mine as "Frank and Marie" behind their backs. I should probably stop because with my luck I'll slip one day and say something about that in front of them. And I also make lists. All the time.

Btw, the picture in your post from Saturday? I'm wearing the exact same outfit today except that my shirt is burgundy and my hair is in a pony tail.

CaJoh said...

Our grandson is the same way— doesn't want to go home. I guess he gets away with a lot more here than he does at home (that's what we get for being more tolerant).

Great way of listing things then mentioning that you can't keep lists LOL.

Thanks for your randomness,

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh. I am sorry about the in law. My husbands mom passed away before I could ever meet her. His dad is nice. He doesn't ever come to visit though. That makes me sad for my son. My parents are AMAZING : ) and my husband loves them to pieces. I hope they get nicer as the kids get older. And I hope your kids adore them. It is so nice to have a great bond : )

Aimee said...

Ha! Great list. I can totally relate with the in-laws bit (and I'm sure my husband can, too). We have our good days and bad days. =)

-Aimee
www.aintyomamasblog.com