Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Need Atlanta Drivers

If you follow me on twitter you may have seen a couple of tweets over the last month or so complaining about the drivers I encounter. Believe me I see something really stupid every day. Going straight from the left turn lane, turning right from the straight lane, turning left from the far right lane: crossing the near right lane, the turn lane and the 2 left lanes (the ones that go the other way). And all that was by 1 driver on my less than 2 miles to the preschool.
But now, I need drivers - good ones that is. Well not me, but Anissa Mayhew. I'm sure that all the people who volunteered to travel to help her out had the best of intentions, but they also all canceled at the same time. The family seems reticent about revealing this (I understand that I don't like to ask for help either, even when I'm not being stubborn, because it is a little guilt inducing) but this is the internet age after all so the word is getting out. If you live in the Atlanta area, specifically near Decatur, where therapy is, or more to the south side (I don't know if the Mayhews have revealed their town so I won't either but I know one of their neighbors - again internet magic) and would be available to add some drive time to your week, please let me know or Lori, who is the one who let me know they needed some drivers. Anissa needs to arrive in Decatur by 8:30am and be picked up at 2:00pm. It's about an hour drive each way. Let's see if we can help fill in the blanks in their schedule.
Also, if you're in ATL or know someone in ATL, please pass it on.

1 comment:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm trying to think if I know anyone there that could help, and I'll be sure to pass it on if I can think of someone! Anissa is just so wonderful, I am SO happy she pulled out of this and I am rooting for her to get better and back to her usual unstoppable self soon!