Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Goodbye cruel world,

Goodbye forever. Twas not meant to end this way, I thought our love would carry us through the good times and the bad. You tended to me ever so gently, took great pride in learning my secrets, did not discard me when irreparable blemishes besmirched my fair complexion and visited me often. But now it is time to part as I am lost to a world few really understand. Thank you for our many years together.
Love,
The Little Laptop

Dear Readers,
Fortunately LL was found before he had succumbed fully to the viruses and marauding trojans who had stealthily begun to take over his brain. We are doing everything we can to save him, but fear some of his vital components may be lost to us. Oh, Photoshop, we loved thee best of all, yet, were foolish in our placement of your hard copies while cleaning up from the flooded basement all those months ago. Our occasional friend, Hubs' Computer, will have to suffice for now, LL, but I will long for the days when it was just the 2 of us.
I thank you, Readers, for standing by me during this difficult time and perhaps during a prolonged absence.
Sincerely,
Cranky Sarah

13 comments:

Cranky Mommy said...

Fortunately, he seems to have made it. Photoshop was a loss and just another lesson in why we NEED to get organized!!!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

Oh my gosh I couln't have read this post at a better time....I haven't backed up in like a year so i am off to grab my mybook and get it all stored...thank you!!!

Brittany Ciara Sheets said...

Time to back up my laptop too! :) Sorry to hear about your photoshop loss :(

Visiting from SITS

cheekymama said...

That sucks. I need to back up too. And get an external hard drive. Ah those to-do lists....oh wait a minute, he made it? Go laptop ;-)

http://babesabouttown.com

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Ohhh, poor LL. Is he an organ donor? Or are his organs too far gone with disease??

Cranky Mommy said...

I try to save all photos onto disk, though I haven't done it in a while, I am pretty good at getting things to EHD, but those can crash too and we have lost some photos of my baby boy because of that. I'm glad to be a reminder!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Oh, poor, LL! Be strong Sarah, I know you can make it through this difficult time!

WhisperingWriter said...

Oh no, poor laptop.

Stopping by from SITS.

carma said...

not sure that I could live without photoshop, but it sounds like you are making the best of a lousy situation!

Carrie said...

Phew! So glad to hear LL will pull through!!

Visiting from SITS

Symphony of Love said...

Glad to hear that he had made it. Mine is having some problems on and off too. I better get it organized.

ViolinMama said...

Glad it recovered!! I would have been so sad!!!

(I thought I posted a huge "NOOOOOOOOO" when this first came out. Guess I dreamed it LOL!

Karen said...

And I thought I was the only one who had written such loving words for my dearest laptop...beautiful words for such a close friend, I'm glad she pulled through ;)

Much Luv,
Karen