Friday, February 19, 2010

Marital Communi-whatzis?

If all a man's thinking went on in his brain, I believe a sizable chunk of marital miscommunication wouldn't exist. If I have told you dozens of times over the years that *standing too close* and rubbing my bicep doesn't get me in the mood, furthermore, that after all these years it is now an irritation, yet you still try it this morning, you must not be thinking with your brain. I know you are able because I can say to you "What are you singing? Is that something you made up or is it that band you like?" and you answer with "I made it up, it's not Soul Coughing" you know who I meant even though you haven't been really into them for about 7 years.
I'll concede that it may not be possible to think entirely with your brain, but at least get it involved.


What's that you say? Something about women and emotions? Hormones? What the hell are you getting at man? Are you saying that I don't always think completely rationally? Really? Yeah, I didn't think so. OK Baby, we'll talk later! *kiss*

3 comments:

SassyEngineer said...

Haha - very funny and true! I also think that if my hubby actually said the things he was thinking we would have less communication issues too. So many times during and "argument" he will eventually say "well, that is what I was thinking!" Excuse me, then just share your thoughts in the first place. Oh husbands - you gotta love them! I know I probably share too much of what I'm thinking and think too much too! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Lindsey said...

LOL This is great and totally love the name of your blog lol. I discovered your blog today on the Parents Connect fb page. I would love to follow your blog. Please come by and check out mine anytime :)

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

ever heard of the book 'what wives wish their husbandns knew about women' ?? It's by Dobson. It's a quick/easy/informative read written FOR this very thing! ;) Maybe just slip it next to his newspaper!?

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!