Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm too sexy for my...

aahhh, I got nuthin'. I'm not fashion illiterate, dyslexic maybe, 2nd grade level reader maybe. I can't translate seeing clothes to wearing clothes and I'm very picky when it comes to fit and wearability (I'm being told that's not a word - how apropos) . I don't know how to go bold. I can pick individual items, but have a very hard time making outfits. Plus I'm all over the place eclectic in my tastes. Then you know there's the small matter of the single-income-earner-out-of-work/harried-mother-of-3-with-no-time-to-do-own-laundry-much-less-shop thing I got going on.

I don't do fashion blogs, because for me, what's the point? I can stare at things all day, doesn't mean it will work for me, that I have the ability duplicate it or the money to afford it. But sometimes fashion makes an appearance on some of the blogs I do read. Like One Pearl Button. Her style fits one of my personalities. A quiet quirky one. But, Unlikely Housewife, now her picks make me drool. Her picks are colorful, boldly (to me) accessorized, and damn sexy. I can completely imagine her wearing them, but me - not so much. Though they appeal to another personality, it is one that I didn't discover until it was kinda too late for her to really bloom. It's winter for her and I hope she will see spring again - if I wore something like this, it might just seem like the end of the frost.




I don't think there's a woman out there who couldn't bring a little summer heat to her Valentine's date if she showed up wearing this.

Photo is from the polyvore set by Unlikely Housewife aka HipMom

2 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Oh wow! Thank you! I'm so happy you like my Outfit Of The Week posts! The valentine's Day outfit was out together specifically thinking of something that would look good on everyone, no matter their shape, age or style, and they would look fabulous and sexy and feel like a million bucks. So happy you like it - and thank you for featuring it on your blog!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Hi, Cranky! LOL! Love the name.

I am glad you stopped by my blog because I haven't been to yours and I've enjoyed all that I read so far. Your poor FSIL.

I love this outfit too, but I couldn't wear it. I think you have to find stuff that you love in order to do fashion right. If you love jewelry, buy some pretty fake jewelry. Start small. Then find a pair of heels that make you feel awesome even if you wear them with jeans and a t-shirt. Then find a skirt that is good for your shape that could go with the tshirt and heels. LOL! It doesn't have to be all at once and it can be cheap. I love to thrift shop just for this reason. I have some BEAUTIFUL designer dresses I've found with the tags on them at Salvation Army for $12. Even shoes and boots that have never been worn!

Naturally, you have to go look for them and have that kind of time. Perhaps take a Wednesday off and go look around S.A. They have half-price on a lot of stuff that day. When it is REALLY cheap, you are more likely to try new things. If you don't like them, you aren't out much. I do wonder what you wear on a daily basis. I am generally in jeans and a tank of some sort. But I do like to dress that up with a scarf or pretty jacket or purse.