Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't been keeping up with this very well. It's not that I'm not thankful, it's that I'm worn thin. Even my movie night with the girls didn't perk me up beyond the actual time I spent with them. (BTW even though it's not as good as the book, the movie The Time Traveler's Wife is still good)
I realized that I need to make more of a point of pronouncing what I'm thankful for to help me get out of this... stupor. I'm not depressed or anything right now, but frustrated and tired.
Anyway...
I'm thankful for:
Family that sustains me
Friends that make me smile
A girl with her first loose teeth (who knows some thing have value beyond money)
A husband who can take care of the kids one evening and then proclaim "I don't know how you get a single thing done!"
Children who like to talk about and ask about God. Burgeoning spirituality is a beautiful and delicate thing.
and right now, I'm very thankful for nap time!

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I so hear you on the wanted perks from being with friends. Please know you helped to perk me....but most days, I feel worn, and down, and I do look to get togethers to get that perk. You helped me with that yesterday.

I think that's why I sometimes explore my spiritual side on my blog and in my life, because of late, I have many down/worn moments, and I still don't get all the perks from human connections. I chalk that up to needing more spiritual connections - making more time for some inner prayer, or devotion time. Along with the benefits of working out and boosted mood health there. Have you checked out the dailyword.com for daily thoughts? It has a lot of the that "positive thinking" I know I need, and connects back to God. It's very helpful for me. Not a cure all....but I can hear God telling me the only way to fill the void is resting in Him more, and then I can feel the graces of that Spirit in the people I'm with. Instead of needing them as my savior and boost, I can savor and enjoy the graces that flow from friendship with them because I have find peace in the one Savior.

Maybe that is too much "religion" speak....it's just what I've been pondering lately. Among MANY things...

ViolinMama said...

Oh - and might I add...I love your thankful list. Welcome back!

I loved the tooth one (how cool) and the spiritual side, and everything. I'm thankful for you!

Scary Mommy said...

Amen about nap time-- I'm ALWAYS grateful for that!