Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Emotionally Well Adjusted Children

That's what we're supposed to want right? So why does it hurt a little when your daughter doesn't miss you when she's gone? "I love you so much that I don't have to miss you" Great but how about one little tear welling up in your eye?

Yet, you don't want the other end of the spectrum where your other daughter misses her sister so much that she cries out her name randomly during the day. And by cry I mean wail: tears, snot, wavering voice and red sweaty face. Of course, now that it's her turn for a solo stay at the grandparents' she's just fine.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I know, we have a similar situation here. Are you sure these aren't the same children?

Scary Mommy said...

I know exactly what you mean.

The first time I left my daughter as a baby, not only did she not cry, but she ignored me when I got home. It was terrible!