Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July

When everyone is really tired and your 2 year old is sick it seems like a good idea to send your 3 & 5 year olds up to their room to play birdies. This usually involves lots of pillows and blankets to make nests and often lasts for an hour or so of relatively quiet, cooperative play. About 90 minutes into this bliss, I went upstairs to the bathroom. I heard the rush to the door and the plea "Don't come in, we're making a surprise". "OK, I won't" was my cheerful reply. My naive, if I'd had enough sleep I'd have seen through that, perhaps I was choosing to pretend, response. A while later it was time to clean up before dinner. I ascended the stairs, heard the usual scramble to hide (they like to hide and say "surprise" as often as possible) and open the door. "Surprise! It snowed in here!" They shredded a full box of tissue to play winter birds. 2 days later and we're still cleaning it up.

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

LOL!!! I know cleaning it up is not funny, but hysterical!! Did you take a picture? :)

What a good idea though for some Mommy time...

Elisa said...

OMG! Don't be mad at me, but that's hilarious! Of course I'm not the one cleaning up :-)

Dawn said...

It would almost be worth it for a couple of hours of quiet time.