Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He's hanging around a lot

I may have mentioned that my computer is dying a slow death, if not here than at my other site. I haven't been using it much, which wasn't really a big deal while Hubs was at work but proves a different challenge with him home so much. Now that the initial force of getting things done has had it's predictable wind down, he's on the computer a lot and when he does let me have some time, he's frequently sitting right next to me. Not to spy or anything, I think, but out of laziness and perhaps a little possessiveness.
We've been getting along OK except that when ever he asks for my opinion or to help solve some problem, he will most likely do the opposite of what I said - with bad results. It's very frustrating. Not only is it the frustration of "Why even ask me in the first place" it's also the fact that I have to deal with the consequences AND I'm usually the one who has to fix it.
Not that having him out of the house will solve that particular problem but this morning he was given a 4 week contract that will start the first full week of July,. I just hope he doesn't squander the remainder of his time at home as he's been doing for the last couple of weeks. It's with the company he was most recently with, so what I'm silently hoping is that this lift on contractors freeze will quickly lead to a lift on their hiring freeze.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

praying for that too! I hope that freeze lets up...

and, praying that you get some computer time. If you can't craft much, you need some escape or "me" time so maybe he'll give you more alone time on the computer. I wonder if there is even a way to bring that up without him getting upset?? Hmmm. It is worth "fighting" for!