Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Things happen during the week and I think, "I ought to jot that down so I won't forget it" then I forget to write it down.

I'm thankful that my son's scary looking fall only led to a scrape on the noggin.

I'm thankful that I had a good Mother's Day

I'm thankful that I have a mom who loves me just the same as she did when I was little

I'm thankful that she doesn't treat me the same as she did when I was little (I just mean that she doesn't still "parent" every little thing like you have to do with little kids)

I'm thankful for ViolinMama, who really does have a rosy outlook, even if it takes a few moments to put those glasses on some days. (and I'm thankful for that too, I don't think we'd be as close if her rose colored glasses were permanently affixed HAHA!)

I'm thankful for those who are reading this list: feeling like you are being heard - I understand the appeal of blogging so much more now than when I started.

2 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Ok - awww, wow. I'm not sure what to say. Those words touched me so much, but then, no surprise....thank you, and you are worth more than you know!!

And sorry about Son's fall! WOW! And yes, being heard is half the battle. I'm so glad it has helped!

and, yes...Mother's Day rocks! You SO had me going! I need to try some of those in suspense posting ideas too...haha!

ViolinMama said...

Hey - in trying to read and publish (some of my comments are stuck in the cashe? of blogger) I saw your sweet mention of kid watching for our anniversary. We'll see what funds we have left over from the big V and then I'll let you know if we can take you up on it...but thanks! I'm really glad you are getting to do something, and something that sounds so cool!