Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Or perhaps sarcastic Thursday. Perhaps you noticed way down at the bottom of this post, carelessly thrown in, I mentioned Hubs bad driving. He got another ticket and another citation for having an expired tag. Last time (on his car) I had paid the fee and sent in the paperwork but he didn't get an emissions test until the day it was due and never called it in. This time (in a car that's in my name but I practically refuse to drive) I was accused of not paying for the tag. I searched all over and didn't find any misplaced renewal notice. So I trudged on down to the tag office. (Well, to be fair to the office, they seem to move smoothly and there are usually less than 5 people in front of me, but since I'm whining I'm going with "trudged" - hey it is a 30 minute drive over about 10-12 miles (depending on the route)) Anyway - I trudge on down to the tax office hauling 4 kids with me (who were angels BTW) only to find out that the reason I couldn't find any errant renewal notices is because I filed it in the paid bills when I paid it in February. The reason it wasn't renewed is because, surprise, Hubs didn't get the emissions test done.
I'm thankful that it wasn't my fault the tag was expired.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

YEAH!!!!! Me too. Thankful it was NOT you, and the kids (and mine) were angels.

Was it really a good day with mine involved all day? :)